THE HAWKEYE INITIATIVE
● How did The Hawkeye Initiative get started?
Anonymous asked: I think it’s awesome that you have outed the prevalent sexism in comics and other media. As far as you are aware, has this changed anything in comics?
People have been talking about, discussing and blogging about the prevalence of sexism in comics and other media for a long…
I think these sites do something hilarious, something I’ve tried to do my whole online history, which I think of as ‘mocktivism,’ that is, activism by mockery. You showcase how…
THIS! YES! It’s not the sex, it’s the juvenile attitude toward sex that’s the problem.
- Abandon the idea that you are ever going to finish. Lose track of the 400 pages and write just one page for each day, it helps. Then when it gets finished, you are always surprised.
- Write freely and as rapidly as possible and throw the whole thing on paper. Never correct or rewrite until the whole thing is down. Rewrite in process is usually found to be an excuse for not going on. It also interferes with flow and rhythm which can only come from a kind of unconscious association with the material.
- Forget your generalized audience. In the first place, the nameless, faceless audience will scare you to death and in the second place, unlike the theater, it doesn’t exist. In writing, your audience is one single reader. I have found that sometimes it helps to pick out one person—a real person you know, or an imagined person and write to that one.
- If a scene or a section gets the better of you and you still think you want it—bypass it and go on. When you have finished the whole you can come back to it and then you may find that the reason it gave trouble is because it didn’t belong there.
- Beware of a scene that becomes too dear to you, dearer than the rest. It will usually be found that it is out of drawing.
- If you are using dialogue—say it aloud as you write it. Only then will it have the sound of speech.
Work for a childrens book :)
Hell YEAH. Notice no boob cups in the armor. That’s the real fucking deal. (The divot in the cleavage of boob armor is a weak spot and a good hit to it would smash the center of the ribcage.)
Forever reblog women in proper armour.
Hence forever grateful to a lot of the armor in DA
Except that weird leather armor with bare cleavage.
this is who merida grows up to be
This is the perfect example of female armour - and yes, in fact, there’s not much difference to male armour at all.
While the armour in here is likely for sports only its design is still far closer to what medieval women would have worn. Not… metal bikinis.
That and one must remember that there is underarmour to be considered. the padding worn underneath armour - there won’t be much curves of the woman’s body left to be seen once she puts on her gear.
Wonderful set of armour